General liver support is important for dogs that carry a heavy toxin load as is supporting other parts of the detoxification pathways.
- Detoxify and invigorate the liver with natural detoxifiers. Giving them a helping hand helps your dog process, eliminate unhealthy impurities and help the liver repair itself. Our favorite natural detoxifiers areMilk Thistle, Additionally, 4-Whey Pet Health Builder, E-Mune Boost, Ester-C, and Concentrated Colostrum also help minimize the risk the pup getting sick from the yeast-die-off & flood of mite toxins that come with killing mites. Other helpful supplements that have detoxifying properties include burdock root, dandelion root, cranberry, amino acids, chlorella, spirulina, licorice, Oregon grape, red clover, SAMe and yellow dock. Other helpful supplements that have detoxifying properties include burdock root, dandelion root, cranberry, amino acids, chlorella, spirulina, licorice, Oregon grape, red clover, SAMe and yellow dock.all have detoxifying properties.
- Give the liver a helping hand. Probiotics that contain digestive enzymes and an uncontaminated fish oil supplement rich in omega-3 Fatty Acids prevents and reduces inflammation. You will already have them on hand because they are the foundation of Pillar #1.
- Provide amino acid supplements to increase toxin elimination. Dogs physically cannot produce the essential amino acids so they must be obtained through diet. Commercial dog food does not supply them because high heat processing destroys them. Amino acid supplements improve the organs and functions in all four Pillars because all body functions suffer when they are in short supply. But toxin removal suffers most because the dog’s body allocates the available amino acids to higher priority functions with immediate needs and detoxification becomes a low priority. Our4-Whey Pet Health Builder has an unsurpassed amino acid panel with excellent bioavailability. It’s aminos combine to help your dog produce Glutathione which has many magical properties including being a great detoxifier.
- Co-Enzyme Q10 enhances cellular metabolism and prevents the formation of damaging oxygen free radicals. This is also a helpful supplement for Pillar #4.
- Exercise your dog for at least 30 minutes every day. This boosts lymph circulation, which clears toxins from the body.
- Provide the purest water possible. Tap water contains things that are best not consumed.