- Gentler on delicate, sensitive areas.
- Easier to manage than unwieldy brushes.
- Easy to clean – just lift the blanket of matted hair periodically.
- Dogs love them!
It’s pretty important to brush your dog daily. This is to get rid of flakes, detritus and excess hair that add to the mites’ food supply. These substances also harbor bacteria, yeast, etc. which can add to the risk and or increase the severity of secondary skin infection and increase itching. And increasing circulation and gently exfoliating through brushing are more helpful than you’d think. You need a gentle tool that’s still going to be effective that won’t irritate the skin further. The Furminator does just that.
Daily brushing can irritate sore skin so you want to use something gentle but really effective. The Furminator pampers, smooths and revitalizes your recovering pet’s coat without harsh bristles or uncomfortable plastic or metal tools. It will give you better results and your dog will look forward to the pampering instead of heading for the hills when you pull out the grooming tools. You’ll use it long after the mange is gone.
- Ideal for short and medium fur (longer haired dogs with mange should be trimmed anyway)
- Features gentle molded rubber nubs not abrasive bristles
- Stimulates production of natural oils to promote coat health
- Promotes circulation and hair regrowth
- Allows the brusher to better control pressure while still being effective
- Ergonomic handle is secure and comfortable in your hand
- Anti-microbial plastic helps keep germs and bacteria at a minimum
Our GSD is doing awesome by the way. I don’t think I’ve ever seen his coat look so healthy. I attribute it to daily brushing with the Furminator.
Happy Dog Staff –
Good to hear things are going well! My dogs love the Furminator, it’s like a mini massage for them.