Give your dog the right Omegas for Demodex!
- Rich in the bioavailable omegas that dogs with mange need
- Pure source of Essential Fatty Acids from the cold, pure waters of Alaska with the added benefit of Vitamin E
- Perfectly balanced ratio of essential fatty acids for dogs with mange
- Strong immune support with multiple other health benefits
- Certified free of PCB contaminants, mercury or other heavy metals
- Made in the USA and strictly regulated by the NASC (National Animal Supplement Council)!
Wholistic Pet Organics’ Deep Sea Salmon Oil™ for pets is the finest quality of super-premium salmon oil from the body of fresh-caught salmon. Rich in EPA and DHA, it is the perfect combination of Omega-3’s and Omega 6’s that is naturally present in our freshly-harvested salmon straight from the cold waters of Alaska! Omega-3 fatty acids are undisputed for their importance in immune support, fighting inflammation, and improving the conditions of skin and coat. Our wild-caught salmon oil contains only pure oil from wild, non-farmed Alaskan salmon. It does NOT contain PCB contaminants, mercury, or other heavy metals.
The ratio of Omega-3 to 6 fats is very important when treating Demodectic Mange. Too many Omega-6′s and too few Omega- 3’s is damaging to our cause. Our salmon oil has one of the best ratios and our wild deep sea salmon oil is a rich in the bio-available omegas that Demodex dogs really need.
Beware the pet food label: Essential fatty acids are just that. Essential. And because your dog can’t physically produce them, they have to come from the food you provide. Just because a pet food label claims to have EFAs, that doesn’t mean they are bioavailable to your pet. Both Omega fatty acids are very fragile. If they were once present in your pet’s food, they have likely lost their bioavailability to heat during the kibbling or canning process. Light and oxygen also damage them quickly, so if they are added back in added after processing so those don’t count either. The same fragility applies to the EFAs in raw diets if the ingredients have been exposed to light, air or heat. The only way to be sure that your pet not at risk of developing problems from omega deficiency is to provide a balanced EFA supplement yourself.
100 capsules – 1000 mg each
When selecting supplements for your pet, avoid human grade supplements when a quality pet version is available. Also, steer clear of processed pet foods with supplemental substances added. Formulations meant for humans were developed specifically for human bioavailability (the ability to be absorbed by the GI tract). Pets have specific metabolic rates, as well as compounding and delivery requirements unique to their systems. Therefore, so they do best with a customized supplement formulated just for their needs.
Commercial pet foods containing omega acids, amino acids, vitamins, herbs, probiotics and other health supplements aren’t worth the money. Tests on dog foods claiming to provide their beneficial properties and microorganisms show the manufacturing process destroys them, rendering these additives useless (and sometimes ripe for becoming rancid). By the time the food is packaged and shipped, any benefit is history.
When selecting a high-quality pet supplement, look for the following important characteristics:
- Proof of purity and ingredient integrity, as animal supplements are not regulated
- Correct processing for that animal’s biological systems, not a human’s
- Easy to administer to an animal
- Formulated to be able to survive the acidic environment of your dog’s stomach
- Able to pass through a dog’s portals of entry in the small intestine to avoid malabsorption
- Product stability under normal shipping and storage conditions
- Wholistic Pet Organics’ Deep Sea Salmon Oil is NASC certified and meets the above criteria